Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Prezi

My prezi was about the turning points of WWII. So the summary is: because Germany was fighting 2 fronts basically all at once (western and eastern) I picked what is considered the battle in each front that turned the tides of the war. In the West, it was the Battle of Britain; this is where Germany attempts to take control of Britain because they're the last remaining threat but Germany ultimately fails to do so. This is significant because 1: it was the first time Hitler's plans had greatly failed, and 2: had Germany been successful, Hitler would have completely taken the West and been able to focus all its energy on the East. So, in the East, the turning point was the Battle of Stalingrad; this is where Germany tried to push through to Moscow to take a hold of Russia, but horribly loss. It is significant because this was the battle that gave the Allies hope in defeating Hitler and Germany.
Here's the link:
http://prezi.com/wrzft540itkn/turning-points/

5 comments:

  1. Love it, Lauren.
    I agree with you 100% that those were the turning points in the war, especially the Battle of Britain. Britain held out, against all odds. The country wanted to give in, to admit defeat. However, Churchill was a passionate speaker who kept the country going, and kept Britain in the war. Had Churchill not been around, I think that Britain would have signed some sort of agreement with Germany, and the Allies would have lost the war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kaylan, I think that Britian continuing the war is a major turning point. After France was defeated, Churchill still didn't have the support of much of the British goverment. His advisors and a good bit of the population wanted to see what sort of a treaty Italy could work out with Germany. However, Churhill refused to give in and rallied the British for the long war to come (he had supporters too, just so it doesn't seem like he was alone in wanting to continue the fight).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to be a sheep (baaa), but I agree with you, Kaylan, and Melissa. I like how you separated the Turning Points into two different sections- one for the Eastern Front, and one for the Western front.
    About your Prezi- I thought that you had very solid information there. My one problem with it is that some of your different steps that you have (such as Western Front, Battle of Britain, and Britain Last Remaining Threat) could be put together onto one step for a little bit more fluidity (Such as, "On the Western Front, the turning point was the Battle of Britain- Britain's Last Remaining Threat". Maybe it's just the style I prefer, but I think it'd sound better. However, you did a very excellent job with the information. I think you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I loved how you had the Eastern and Western Fronts separated - sometimes I get them mixed up and I don't remember where things are so that was super helpful! I liked how your points were short and consise so you didn't have to sit there for 10 minutes reading one bullet. It was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear my spice,
    It was beautiful. And you gave me a great understanding of all the turning points. Good job.

    ReplyDelete